What is Solar Power? How do Solar Panels work?
Generally speaking, solar power is created from the energy of the sun. Here’s how sunlight is converted to electricity:
1. Sunlight hits the PV (which stand for photovoltaic) cells in a solar panel.
2. This knocks loose electrons from their atoms within the cells.
3. These loose, bouncing around electrons are captured, so they move in the same direction, forming a circuit.
4. As a result, an electric current is formed by this flow of electrons in the same direction. This produces DC (which stands for direct current) electricity. The more panels in an array, the larger the amount, therefore the more electricity is made.
Multiple of these PV cells make up a solar panel, and multiple panels (modules) can be wired together to form a solar array. As a result, the more panels you install, the more energy you can expect to generate.
WHAT ARE SOLAR PANELS MADE OF?
Photovolatic (PV) Solar panels are made up of many solar cells. Solar cells are made of silicon, which is a semiconductor. These cells are constructed with a positive layer and a negative layer. Combined, these create an electric field.
The benefits of solar energy are well-known and accepted – reduce your energy costs while helping the environment by reducing carbon emissions caused by fossil fuels. Climate change is one of, if not THE, most important topic in the global conversation about energy usage. Solar is a powerful way for you to be environmentally responsible and contribute to the global initiative at a local level.
There are a multitude of companies promoting solar installations, but not every company will have the accreditations and extended warranties that you should demand and expect and which we have attained and offer.
As part of Inspire Energy’s dedication to providing superior installations and solar products, we've committed to partnerships and memberships with several leading organisations and companies and these are the type of credentials you should demand from a supplier:
- Clean Energy Council: Approved Solar Retailers.
- Smart Energy Council: Fully Accredited Master Installers.
- Fronius: Qualified Fronius Service Partners.
- LG Chem: Qualified LG Chem ESS Preferred Installers.
- SolaX, as Authorised Dealers
As a consumer, these qualifications mean that we will always abide by strict codes and regulations, exceeding the minimum requirements set by the government. It’s our way of showing our commitment to exceptional business practices, whilst adhering to and exceeding industry and legal expectations.
You can depend on us to provide you with expert advice on your design and installation to ensure you receive the best long term solar return. We also provide our customers with a minimum warranty period of five years on your whole system.
Inspire Energy specialise in residential solar installation across Sydney, Wollongong and wider New South Wales. Whether you're looking at solar to save money, create clean energy or to do your bit to reduce carbon emissions, Inspire Energy can tailor a solar solution for you. To receive a free solar quote, click here or call (02) 4623 2134.