When you decide to switch to solar, you can enjoy many benefits. Some of these include:
- Reduced cost in your electricity bills or go full solar and never get another electricity bill.
- Savings accumulate over time, and most solar installations recover their costs within a few years, eventually becoming profitable over the long term.
- If your system includes storage, you will be unaffected by mains power blackouts, and your home will still have power during a natural disaster when many other families may be sitting around in the dark.
- You get back some autonomy. Did you know that government authorities can shut down power to individual neighbourhoods within a city, or even an entire city, at any time? If you have a solar energy system with storage, this kind of thing can’t affect you.
- You’ll be helping the environment. This isn’t a direct benefit that you’ll notice the effect of in a measurable way, but every household that converts to using solar power is helping to reduce the pollution problem and ease congestion on the mains power system.